Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Left Hind Leg

After two glorious weeks in Colorado, I took the long flight home. It took longer than usual because I had to get to the airport early for Alan and Rootsey. After 4.5 hours in DIA, I flew to LAX, waited for 5 hours, and then flew 14 hours to Sydney. At this point, I must say that V Australia is now my airline of choice for the trip across. They were wonderful. I filled out a survey card to tell them so.... Perhaps in another post, I'll tell you why.

The plane landed at 6:00 and I was out of the terminal by 7:15. As I travelled to the house in the taxi, I smiled at the prospect of walking both dogs. Copper would have improved in my absence, so I knew they could both make it to Abbotsford Point and back. A nice 5 kilometre walk in the beautiful summer weather (and not too hot).

But that was not to be.

It's now 11:00 in the morning. I've just gotten back from the vet. I left Mogy there to get some tests and X-rays. The initial diagnosis is that he has hurt (ripped, torn, or in some way damaged) his cruciate ligament in his (get this) left hind leg. (For those of you not seeing the synchronicity, that is the same leg that Copper damaged so much in his dance with a car last August.)

I'm exhausted from visits to the vet. I'm exhausted from life and death decisions for non-life threatening events. I'm exhausted from getting one almost to the point of normal only to now be thrust back into the other being significantly injured. We haven't even finished with Copper's physical therapy. We also need to have the last two screws removed from his ankle.

This blog is NOT just supposed to be about my damn dogs!!!! It's supposed to be about me. It's supposed to be more upbeat and happy - just like me.

But right now, I'm not happy. I'm miserable.

I'll have to write about the Colorado trip some other time....

No comments:

Post a Comment