Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My Guitar Weeps


Yesterday, as I sat on the couch, guitar in hand, pickless, I realized that I have been playing the very same song for over two years - and not very well. I only have 3 songs I play without a pick, and whenever I pick up a guitar without one, I play all three of them: Blackbird, Tears in Heaven, and Landslide. They're all great songs. They deserve better.

I know what notes to play, but my fingers don't always follow where my brain says to go.

Realizing that I've been just playing them and not practicing them, I've decided to really knuckle down and get them right. Ask me to play one next time you see me. Suppose I'd better go learn the lyrics to Blackbird now....

1 comment:

  1. Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise.

    Black bird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free.

    Blackbird fly. Blackbird fly.
    Into the light of the dark black night.

    ReplyDelete