Monday, February 04, 2008

F#####g Rain!

(Photo Credit: Me)

How well do you know me? I am an Arizonan. I was brought up in the desert. I thrive on moisturizer, water, chapstick, and air conditioning. My fishy star sign is completely out of sync with my preferred atmospheric conditions - though I do love to swim in a 80 degree plus pool when it gets hot outside - any lower and I freeze up and get cramps.

I don't live in Arizona anymore. I gave up the oven for cooler places. Denver for one. Still dry, but cool and clean in the mile high air. And now, Sydney. Where the temperature is pretty nice almost all year round. There's only one problem.

Water.

Freaking heaps of it.

Dropping from the sky for days on end.

And if it's not dropping from the sky, it's hanging in the air thinking about dropping from the sky.

The grass grows as you watch it.

I'm going nuts and it's only been 2 days. It kills me. Makes me claustrophobic. Gives me small moments of depression.

The dogs go stir crazy, too. They play inside. And don't get me started if thunderstorms accompany the water. Mogy freaks out. He follows you (me) around with zero personal space and if you (I) sit down, he jumps into your (my) lap even when he KNOWS he isn't allowed onto the chair, couch, bed that you are (I am) sitting on. Copper is fine. In fact, he has so much hair that he doesn't know it's raining. He likes to try to catch the raindrops in his mouth. It's very cute. A source of entertainment.

Well, I just thought I'd share my state of mind with you. It'll go away. The rain. I'm sure I'll be begging for it to come cool the place down in a few days. But for today, I'm wearing Ugg boots in the summer and dreading the thought of getting wet when I go out to the post office. Wah!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my feelings for New York Winter, I'm boo hooing right along with you. Jxx

    ReplyDelete