Friday, September 15, 2006

Cigarettes are Expensive, Smelly, and Offensive.

Uh Oh - it's a WendyRant.... Lock smokers into little tiny airtight spaces!

Dear smokers:

Ventilation is an inefficient way to get your money's worth out of a cigarette. Increase the value of your investment by sitting in a confined, airtight space. In fact, you should sit in a small room with the windows closed and the air on recirculate to get the most bang for your buck.

Sincerely,

Wendy

They won't.

They'll open the windows. If they are in a confined space, they'll ask for more ventilation inside so that the smoke doesn't linger. They don't like being around the smoke either.

I was one. I know. I stopped for me, for him, for everyone.

Dear governments of the world:

Please ban smoking in pubs and clubs and enforce the law.

I don't think smoking should be illegal. In fact, I want everyone to be free to smoke whatever they want to smoke - just not in front of me. Not in front of anyone really. Smoking should be done in private - like going to the bathroom (including the use of an exhaust fan and air freshener).

Please make it so. Now.

Sincerely,

Wendy

When you think about it, nicotine is a really shitty drug anyway. The "high" doesn't last very long. Smokers, you should find better drugs. Be more cost efficient.

By the way - I just sent my government letter above to tobacco@doh.health.nsw.gov.au. You can send them a letter, too, if you want.

OK - I feel better. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:03 pm

    I Will Survive (sung to the tune of)

    At first I was afraid, I was petrified,
    Kept thinking I needed cigarettes by my side
    But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
    My lungs grew strong and I know how to Qnet along

    And so the Junkie wants back
    But I threw out that stinking pack
    So turn around now cause I aint smoking anymore
    Weren't you the one who tried to trick and poison me
    But now I know for now on there could never be one puff to be
    I will survive, oh as long as I have Qnet I know I can survive, I have all my life to live
    And all the fresh air to give, I'll survive - I will survive - hey, hey!!


    Cheryl
    Copyright © 2006 Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. SMOKE BANS LEAD TO CLUBS BOOM

    Pubs and clubs in NSW are experiencing a mini-boom since smoke bans were introduced in July, says a study by the state government. It found that 26% of adults in the state were returning to weekly attendances at pubs compared to 21% before the bans. Non smokers are returning, claiming they are no longer repulsed by smoke and bad smells. Clubs NSW claims revenue has dropped by 8% to 9% but admits that it is spending more detail to meals as families return. Clubs in NSW has spent $422 million over 18 months to create outdoor smoking areas.

    ReplyDelete