Monday, August 13, 2007

Almost a Year....

I can hardly believe that I have written in this blog for almost a year. It does seem like only a few weeks ago that I sat here in this very chair and thought that if I wrote a blog myself, I would see how easy or hard it is. It's easy.

Lately, I write most about my candle business. The candles are selling like hotcakes! I'm really enjoying my new role in leadership and I truly like spending time with my team. I like it so much that I'm about to write a little business plan for my successful ascent in PartyLite. Angela, Nicole and I have decided to be a part of the Million Dollar Club. Founding members, in fact. Watch it happen, 'cause it will.

I realize (American spelling) that I've been very remiss in updating you all on me. My cousin, Pete, wrote to ask me how I was doing, and then said that he could probably find out on my blog. Oops. Well, maybe he will decide to quit his job and join PartyLite, but he sure won't find out how I'm doing just by reading what I have been writing.

And so here I am - updating you all on me.

First of all, I am very close to becoming an Australian citizen. It's just paperwork now - all the rest is done. The FBI took their time in getting my clear Criminal Record check back, but now I have it and all I need to do is find it (oops) and send it to the Aussie government. I'll do that tomorrow. By the way, I'm allowed to be a US and and Australian citizen at the same time. Dual citizenship means I can vote in both countries, I can live in both countries, and I can get in the shortest customs line when I travel between the two countries. I reckon having an Australian passport will also inspire Europeans be nicer to me. Generally - I just thought it was right for me to be able to vote here. That was the real inspiration for applying - otherwise, my life won't change at all.

Second, I am playing the electric guitar on stage now - what a buzz! I wasn't nervous the first time, but I wasn't loose and comfortable either - but the second time... I really settled in and enjoyed it. I'll include a picture when I get one I like. :) I'm still in four bands: Little Bighorn, Silverhair, Wen & Bendy, and Radio Bandits. All are working about once a month, so I'm working pretty regularly now. Ben and I need to get a few more gigs. They're coming....

Hmmmm, what else...? Well, Alan has finished his winter series for sailing, so he can spend the weekends at home. That's really been nice. The winter weather has dried up and warmed up and is absolutley gorgeous. Spring is in the air! Alan even gave Mogy - the Shedder - a bath in the backyard yesterday.

I reckon that'll do for now. I have heaps more to tell you, but it'll have to wait. I think I should write a whole blog about my parents' visit. They came for 6 weeks. Then they spent 2 weeks on New Zealand. It was fantastic. Retirement is good. More on that coming up.

I do miss you. Yes YOU. The only bummer about living in Australia is how far away I am from YOU. I do hope you are well. Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment