Friday, October 12, 2007

October in PartyLite - Just My Thoughts.....


What Am I Thinking?

This is my third October as a PartyLite consultant. The opportunity is right in front of me. November has always been my biggest month and this year I'm committed to ensuring my business grows.

Sales is not a problem. Our candles sell themselves. In fact, my guest average is getting higher and I really don't feel like I'm doing anything different.

Bookings is where I have excelled in the last few months. I have consistently gotten 1-3 bookings at every show. My calendar has never been so organised. Until two months ago, I had always said I do 4-5 shows per month and I always had. Then, when I made the commitment to do eight, guess what happened? I'm doing 8+ every month.

Goals = Action = Results

It really is that simple. I've set goals and then do something to achieve them, and guess what? I bonus. I get the sales rewards. I get the bookings for the next month. And I feel good.

Weaknesses

Here are the areas I want to work on:
  • Sponsor new consultants!
  • Help new consultants to achieve BriteStart! All three months!
  • Keep track of my finances properly!
  • Deposit all cash!
I have an action plan for all of these. Next week Ange and I are hosting an Information Session and are advertising it in the local paper. We're also letting our consultants bring their potential consultants to the session.

BriteStart is so important. My plan is to try a buddy system within my Unit to see if I can get new consultants the support they need to get going. I also want to ensure that each Consultant in my Unit sets up their new Consultants to succeed, so we'll do a little bit of training at our next Unit meeting.

I just downloaded a trial version of MYOB and I'm inputting my income and expenses into it. This is important now that I am a Unit Leader. I don't think Consultants need to have that sort of system, but I do plan on making enough money to pay taxes and I want to really be able to track it right. My goal is six figures of income, so it is important to start right.
As I started putting the financial information into they system, I noticed that the cash I receive from customers is generally only getting into my bank account 50% of the time. Sure I might be spending it on important things, like groceries and petrol, but I think I should deposit it first and then keep good track of what I am spending it on. I'm sure the pub has gotten a hefty chunk. :) Oh, and the Indian and Thai restaurants in Five Dock, too. So Rule #1 is to deposit all cash.
What Are You Thinking?

I hope you are thinking that you have some weaknesses, too and that you want to put together a plan to overcome them. If you need help, I'm happy to assist. Not in developing the list of weaknesses - that's your job - but in assisting you in developing a plan - I can help there.

Last Thoughts

PartyLite isn't about being as active as anyone else, or as organised as anyone else, or as dedicated as anyone else - it is personal. No one can tell you what your goals are. Only you can do that. The only thing I ask is that you don't give up unless you've tried to do that. Unless you've tried to set goals, create action, and get results.

It took me two years to get where I am. I persisted. I burned candles all along the way. And one day... I decided to take it further. You might have a different path. Or you might want to come on my journey. I promise it will be fun.

See what happens when I just sit down and type. Hope it gives you some food for thought. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment